Monday, July 5, 2010

I think that the sentence at the top of the page pretty clearly describes what this is all about, however I've always been prone to overcomplicating things, so here we go...

This past winter was hard. It left me pretty broken and questioning a lot of things. I got hung up on all the time I've wasted, the negative bullshit I've subscribed to, and the pity parties where I spent most my days. The good news is that spring came and thawed me out, warmed me up and reminded me why I was drawn to punk in the first place. That's where 90's Babies comes in. It's all about tapping into that powerful, honest feeling I got from my first punk show. The feeling I got when I realized there was an alternative to the capitalist garbage I saw on T.V. 90's Babies is about making something beautiful out of something ugly. It's about real friends. It's about screaming your lungs out even if no one is listening.

90's Babies isn't just me. It includes (and hopes to include) a whole slew of artists, musicians, writers, dropouts, and runaways, however I will probably be the one to update this blog regularly. I'm hoping to be punctual enough to do at least a weekly post including upcoming releases and events, artwork, writing, videos, photos etc.

Things that are currently in the works include:

-Steve Believe/Susie Winters split CD
-Jawsh Carson per zine
-Relocating ourselves closer to salt water

Thanks for enduring my cheesy babbling.
Stay Posi.

Love,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment