Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh Ottawa?

I headed east over a week ago now and i'm still fairly unsettled. I'm having a blast, I'm just constantly deep in thought and processing things (which I suppose is probably a good thing). I've been filling up my days with with painting, collaging, cooking inventive dishes (purple-pepper-squash-coserolle), writing, and a little bit of guitar strumming.

I've also done some collaborative paintings with my brother (Zach) that I plan on posting once I find a camera.

I did a rough recording of a new song called "Oh Ottawa 2 (Mice and Mold)". I don't know how to post audio, and I didn't want one of those boring YouTube videos where the song is set to the picture of a landscape, so I made a video. It's an educational video for people who want to learn more about boredom, loneliness, complacency, restlessness and insomnia. I hope you learn lots.

The song and video were both made in my brother's tenth floor studio apartment in the midst of an Ontario heat wave. The peculiar sound at the begging of the song is an African instrument called a mariba that Zach brought me back from Kenya.

I miss you/Can't wait to see you.

Love,
Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment