Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let's Talk About Sex.

Growing up there were two main venues that taught me about sex.

One of these teachers was the media. MTV and grocery store magazines told me that sex was a dirty, nasty game and that I should join the competition as a predator (especially since I was a male). I was taught that sex was the ultimate goal of my young life, and that I should pursue it using the most vicious of tactics. Words like “slut” and “whore” became synonymous with sex. I was given the impression that the less emotion I attached to this act, the more fulfilling it would be.

The second Sex-Ed teacher was a fairy tale story that was reinforced by my religious, conservative surroundings. It was here that I was taught that males fell in love with females, got married, made love on their wedding night, and produced children. This description was very vague and left out details where ever possible. I was taught that sex was a flawless exchange that was wholesome, pure, and should never be talked about.

I bounced between these two descriptions never short on confusion and guilt. As I became older attraction, affection and sex became realities in my life. I tried to act according to the way I had been taught.

Holy fuck, was I in for a surprise.

I want to put together a collection of REAL sexual experiences. A sort of reference guide of the unpredictable, often bizarre events that are rarely talked about. I want to document what sex is really all about, so no one I know ever has to be as blatantly mislead again.

I’m looking for anonymous contributions of your own sexual non-fiction. Any story would be greatly appreciated (funny, awkward, embarrassing, scary, difficult, terrifying, racy, sexy, etc.) I plan to illustrate the stories with cartoons, so it will be a sort of “Graphic” Novel (Pun!). Please keep your contributions down to a paragraph or two, but feel free to be descriptive. I wont change any of the plot lines, however I may paraphrase/tweek to better fit into comic strip format. In order to protect the authors’ anonymity, I’ve set up a email address and password that you can log into and send me your stories from.

email: zineproject@hotmail.com
password: banana123
Send all contributions to: stevo2404@hotmail.com
Or you can mail them anonymously to:

Steve Believe
2685 Clifton st.
Halifax, NS
B3K 4V4

I’m really excited about this project and can’t wait to start putting it together. Finished copies will be available from ninetiesbabiesartcollective.blogspot.com, or from the address listed above.

Love,
Steve Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment