Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Can See My Breath Inside My House.

Brrr.

Well it's been almost two months since I last posted anything on the blog and I'd like to say it's because we've been so incredibly busy with the collective that I haven't had time to sit down and update this thing, but thats not really the case. The truth is things have been kind of slow moving and I've been kind of lazy. Jobs and bills and mental health.

That being said there are some wonderful people working incredibly hard to make things happen. Taylor Doyle is done his half of a split record with Travesty (Thanks to the acclaimed producer Jawsh Carson). Mistake Makers are preparing to play their first show in mid November along with Stagnant Stars. Poems are being written and read.

October was swell and chilly. The Halifax Pop Explosion Zine Fair was great. We met a lot of great artists doing some really great stuff. (However the tables that were ran by punks appeared to be the only people actually expressing enjoyment. Hipsters are generally fine people, they just need to lighten up. I mean come on, free vegan burritos?!)

Jawsh spent a lot of early mornings (after getting off the backshift), mixing and mastering tracks, including a Know Hope For The Skids song that will be on a G20 benefit comp. that I'm really excited about.

The month was rounded out with a really wonderful Halloween show at the flood house with Taylor Doyle, Travesty, The Rumble Strips (a new incarnation of Whimsy and Spite that sounds nothing like Meatloaf), Steve Believe and The Emotionally Crippled Narcissists, and Snail Party. There was ridiculous costumes, raining chocolate, Pumpkin puns, and sing alongs. My camera died around 8 o'clock but Rosie Toes has some great footage on her blog. (http://unbeatablehigh.blogspot.com/)

My fingers are frozen now, so I'm going to go cook something in the oven for the sole purpose of warming up. I will try and be more "punk"tual with updating this thing as to not let down my many blog followers (mom, dad).

Love,
Steve Believe.

1 comment:

  1. I'm headed out to your house for band, & bringing hot chocolate! warm up fucker.

    ReplyDelete